Our business is to provide sound, practical, independent economic and policy research, as well as strategic and business management advisory services.
We are a research-led consultancy driven by a commitment to help people and communities realise their potential. We have built a foundation of research, advice, and professional consultancy built over 60 years in business.
We provide our clients with not only expert research and analysis, but with the tools to implement this knowledge in their policies and strategies.
Working with clients from all different sectors, our areas of expertise include:
- Regional and local economic development
- Te ōhanga Māori – the Māori economy
- Assessing demographic and community challenges
- Public policy
- Informing business decisions
- Stakeholder and community engagement
- Monitoring and evaluation.
Our skilled and experienced team of consultants provides understanding and solutions to our clients using a range of processes. Our work involves:
- Business case development and impact assessments
- Investment advice, in particular to iwi and Māori entities and businesses
- Local and regional economic development plans and strategies
- Monitoring and evaluation frameworks and plans
- Measurement frameworks, including measuring wellbeing
- Public policy advice and analysis
- Economic monitoring and profiling
- Economic modelling
- Workforce development strategies
- Strategic and business planning
- Implications of climate change
- Expert evidence in planning and judicial processes.
Though our work will not always be headline-grabbing, it will add to the knowledge of the way your business, iwi, workforce, community, or industry works.