Does making sense of the numbers excite you? If not, this is not for you.
We are looking for motivated, ambitious people wanting to explore and apply their economics knowledge and training to business and economics consultancy. You will have the opportunity to work within an established team, investigating issues, problems and challenges across a wide range of economic subjects.
- post-graduate degree in economics (or related)
- proficient at quantitative analysis of economic data (including statistics and industry information, survey design and responses)
- able to construct and navigate spreadsheets
- use, interpret and explain simple econometric techniques
- coherently communicate detailed findings using text, pictures and speech
- general knowledge of global economic debates, issues, and stresses
- practical understanding of NZ’s economic situation and challenges
- evidence of clear, concise, and coherent report writing skills
- experience in research and consultancy an advantage, but inquiries from new or recent graduates also welcome
- collect, collate, assess and interpret data that is relevant to question at hand
- undertake projects as part of team
- ability to work within multi-disciplinary team
- communicate data findings to other team members
- clear and transparent data analysis that can be easily replicated and readily audited
- distil, prepare and present research findings to team members as well as external clients
- prepare reports for team members and external clients
- make sense of the numbers
Send us a note (or presentation) outlining your ambitions and interests (and your qualifications). If it looks like you’ll fit in with us we’ll be in touch with more details (and more questions).